2017 KTM 390 Duke made its global debut on the EICMA display in Milan; India launch predicted sometime in March.
The much awaited 2017 KTM 390 Duke have picked up a great deal of consideration from the petrolheads countrywide. Austrian bike maker KTM revealed the 2017 390 Duke at the EICMA show in November 2016. Developing reports on the web show that KTM is all prepared to launch the new 390 Duke tomorrow.
The forthcoming KTM Duke 390 has been spied testing on Indian streets many times. It comes with extensive design updates, and powertrain changes as too. Presently, customers are increasingly opting closer to interesting products, instead simply commuter fashions as new-age customers are searching out competitive and premium bikes.
New KTM Duke 390
Made in India at the Pune plant of Bajaj Auto, the new technology KTM Duke 390 has already been released in Europe and the United States – at a beginning rate of $5,299 (about Rs. 3.57 Lakh). In India, customers can expect the ex-showroom price of the bike in the range of Rs. 2.25 Lakh.
Talking about design changes, upfront it gets a bifurcated headlamp with LEDs, a brand new instrument console with more capabilities like top velocity clocker, 0-60 timer, and many others. Side gets revised fuel tank design with sharp extensions rising in the direction of the headlamp. Also on offer is a revised exhaust system and a new rear sub-frame. Following are the points worth knowing about the upcoming Duke 390.
Features, pricing, mileage of 2017 KTM Duke 390
- In terms of fuel efficiency, the 2017 KTM Duke 390 will return about 40 km/l. There won’t be a major change in the mileage of the bike. With BS-IV, we could expect a reduction then. As mileage isn’t the main criteria for a KTM rider, the primary focus is on performance.
- Larger fuel tank of 13.4 litres (old had 11 liters)
- Side-mounted exhaust system
- Wheelbase reduced by 10 mm to 1,357 mm
- Ground clearance increased by 15 mm to 185 mmSeat height increased by 30 mm to 830 mm
- Dry weight increased by 10 kg to 149 kg
- Power 44 hp (same as before)
- Torque 37 Nm (2 Nm increased)
- Ride-by-wire, LED DRL, LED headlight, LED taillight
- Colour TFT instrument panel
- KTM MY RIDE for smartphone tethering
- Ride modes
- New Brembo braking system via Bosch 9MB two-channel ABS
New 2017 KTM Duke 390 Dimensions
|Wheel base||1367 mm|
|Fuel Tank||11 litres|
|Seat Height||800 mm|
|Kerb Weight||154 kg|